What a Soul Tie is?
A soul tie is when souls are stuck together by a Universal adhesive. This binding of the souls has many purposes and functions, but its primary function is to bind souls in the Spiritual Realm. If soul ties aren’t understood, they can be detrimental to the souls that are bound together. Many define a soul tie as being sexual in essence, but I beg to differ in my opinion. Soul ties, have no sexual boundaries, because dealing with the Spiritual Realm, there are no boundaries of the Physical Realm. In fact, soul ties are bound together before the physical realm is manifested. There are ties of the soul that haven’t been realized because of our consciousness not being Enlightened to the Spiritual Realm. Remember, those things that we are conscious of become our realities.
How soul ties are formed?
There are many different ways that a soul tie can be formed. Listed below are the most common.
Vows, commitments and Agreements: Any time you make a vow, commitment, or agreement with another, you tie yourself to that individual. In the Spiritual Realm, souls have a free course, meaning they can roam freely in and out. On occasion a soul can lose consciousness of Realities, that have been roamed. Once that soul is returned to its place of origin, it (the soul) must be reminded of its initial consciousness. The soul must be reminded that Everything is Everything and will always be. The soul then makes a vow, commitment, or agreement with another soul, to be reminded of its Consciousness. This is why it is necessary that we respect the relationships/friendships that we are in. So, many times we miss out on opportunities to be Enlightened in Consciousness, because we negate relationships/friendships we are in. These persons (souls) are tied to us to remind us of our Origin and keep us on our paths. Rather it be a sibling, co-worker, bff, spouse, or neighbor; it is imperative that we respect these ties. It’s imperative that we understand that we are Spiritual Beings having a Human experience. Before we took on this human structure we made agreements in the Spiritual Realm (refer to my article Agreements Unveiled: Spirit, Self, & Space). Within these agreements we also have made agreements with other Spiritual Beings, this is what a Soul Tie is.
Sexual relations: One can also form a Soul Tie by having Sexual Relations with another. In its own regard there are two types of Soul Ties that can be formed by Sexual Relations: A Godly Soul Tie (between a married couple) & Ungodly Soul Tie (between unmarried persons). Godly Soul Ties are formed when a couple are married (Ephesians 5:31, “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.”), and the Godly Soul Tie between a husband and the wife that God intended him to have is unbreakable by man (Mark 10:7-9). However, when a person has ungodly sexual relations with another person, an ungodly Soul Tie is then formed (1 Corinthians 6:16, “What? know ye not that he which is joined to a harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.”). This Soul Tie fragments the Soul, and is destructive. People who have many past relationships find it very difficult to ‘bond’ or be joined to anybody, because their soul is fragmented.
How to break a soul tie
This only applies to Soul Ties that have been formed through sexual relations. As any Soul Ties made pre-human experience are infinitive.
1. If any sins were committed to cause this soul tie, repent of them! Fornication is perhaps one of the most common ways to create nasty soul ties.
2. If gifts were given to you by the other person in connection with the sin or unholy relationship, such as rings, flowers, cards, bras, etc. I would get rid of them! Such things symbolize the ungodly relationship, and can hold a soul tie in place. If you are still friends or in a relationship (just now it’s no longer an ungodly relationship), like say a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, except you’ve repented of and forsaken the unholy practices you used to do in your relationship, then I don’t feel it is necessary to destroy all the gifts and things that you have been given. I would still encourage you to get rid of anything that symbolizes the ungodly practices in the relationship though, such as if a guy gives a girl a bra and panties with his initials on them during fornication. I wouldn’t encourage you to hang on to such things that symbolize sin or that are wrong to give each other before marriage. Things such as flowers and love letters given during an adultery should be destroyed.
3. Any rash vows or commitments made that played a part in forming the soul tie should be renounced and repented of, and broken in Jesus’ name. Even things like “I will love you forever”, or “I could never love another man!” need to be renounced. They are spoken commitments that need to be undone verbally. As Proverbs 21:23 tells us, “Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.” The tongue has the ability to bring the soul great troubles and bondage.
4. Forgive that person if you have anything against them.
5. Renounce the soul tie. Do this verbally, and with purity of heart.
6. Break the soul tie with all assurance that it is being broken! Do this verbally using your spiritual authority. Example, “I now break and sever any ungodly soul ties formed between myself and _________ as a result of ______________ (fornication, etc.)
Dr.Akili Xzavier Williams, Ph.d